WE ARE FED UP!!!

It's official...WE ARE FAT!! I guess it's been happening for quite a while, but we just didn't want to pay any attention or really believe it was true. With school, childbirth, bumps along the road and a whole list of excuses, we have allowed ourselves to become obese people.
We are unhappy, unfit, and fed up with what we have done to our bodies. We have decided NO MORE! It is time to change something and drastically. Esther and I have decided to do a 90 day extreme fitness program called P90X. To those of you who do not know what this is, it is an extreme advanced system that is focused on keeping your body guessing while hitting you from all angle with more pain and exercises. We are scared but ready.
All we ask of each of you is support, encouragement and frequent posts to keep us accountable. We know we can do this and we know we can do it with your help.
We will begin by posting our beginning pictures and weights. Each month we will post another set of pictures as follow up to our progress and after each workout we will post how it went and keep track of our progress.
Thank you for your love and support and we hope to get more things like a nutrition plan as well as fun stuff in the future!

LETS GET IT ON!!

Love Jon and Ess

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yoga!!!

So obviously I am not a Yoga person. Today I was so stoked to do yoga because I was going to get a break from straining my muscles, was I ever wrong. Extreme yoga is just that, EXTREME!! I do not enjoy yoga it is not relaxing and all I could think of was for Mr. Muscle (Tony Horton) to shut up and just let me do the dang pose! I now realize that I would rather do a butt kicking boot camp than Tony Horton's yoga!
Jon and I found that when you are in the twisted triangle upside down whoha pose that having children crawl through your legs laughing and one in the swing screaming and Mr. Muscle saying now breathe, and you can't because you find you are being suffocated by your breasts, you get more and more frustrated and angry and you find that you no longer want to continue this journey. The only thing that kept us going was you guys and knowing that we could not fail for the sake of our fabulous followers and cheering squad! So needless to say tonight EXTREMELY sucked and I am ready for tomorrows weights!!

Now that it is my turn to blog I wanted to address our eating issues. We both realize that we need to address these issues so that we can overcome our eating habits in order to continue to lose the weight and keep the weight off. I like to think that the loss of Thomas is what has caused me to over eat, but I and most of you know that it goes beyond that. Why does a person get fat? Why do we go turn to food to soothe our hurt feelings or our stress? I am going to find that out. I am going to face my eating issues and hopefully overcome them so that when this journey is done, it really isn't done it is a lifestyle change. Thanks for listening and we will talk with you all tomorrow. X BRING IT!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm seriously so excited for your journey... and you better not let me down because I'm your biggest fan! I love p90x and can't wait to see your results. I know it is hard to keep it going. you get pumped for a few days and then you miss a day... and then you miss 5 days... and then you give up. So keep up the good work. I found that if I put my "beginning" pictures in places I will see them I will remember to keep on the program i have chosen. I also made myself a bracelet (cheesy, I know) but it was my reminder. GET RID OF TEMPTATIONS! You will have days that you want just ONE cookie. Don't give yourself the opportunity. if you have a box of frozen cookie dough in your freezer, give it to your neighbor. it will make them happy... and free you of the slightest temptation. You really won't miss it. BE PREPARED. Always have fresh fruit. when you feel snacky pull out some grapes. the biggest thing that works for my diet is to have it ready for me. when i want something quick and my option is a box of crackers, i'm gonna take it! but if I have grapes, already washed and off the vine just waiting for me... i'll eat them instead.
    Good luck you guys! I think you're awesome. I'm going to post a couple of yummy recipes that my family has shared with each other. (we are doing the 'biggest loser'. Josh has already lost 10 lbs. I'm level... but feel a lot better than I did. Love you guys)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granola
    1/3 cup honey
    1/4 cup oil
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds (raw...I have used the roasted/salted kind and it was fine)
    1 cup nuts (chopped or sliced) (I've used sliced almonds once and pecans, too)
    1/3 cup milled flax seeds (optional...good for your brain, though!)
    3/4-1 cup coconut (sweetened or not, either will work)
    4 cups regular oats
    1 cup dried fruit (blueberries are our favorite) (optional)

    Mix oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and coconut in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix oil, water, brown sugar, honey, salt, and applesauce, Heat until just boiling ( I do it in the microwave, about 2 minutes or so) Pour over oats mixture. Spread in 1 large cookie sheet. and bake for 30-45 minutes at 325 degrees. During baking you need to take it out every 10 minutes and mix/stir it up to make sure it all browns evenly. You want it a light brown color. Cool completely and add dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.

    Really, this is good and you can even double the recipe and make two pans. I'd love to hear if you make it and how you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire Roasted Tomato Soup

    Makes 4 servings - 1 1/3 cups each
    1 Tbs butter or olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 cans (14.5 oz each) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 3/4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
    2 Tbs chopped fresh basil leaves, cilantro leaves or Itlaian (flat-leaf) parsley
    1 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1/2 cup whipping cream


    In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion is crisp-tender.


    Stir in tomatoes, broth, 1 tablespoon of the basil, the sugar and pepper flakes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; pour mixture into large heatproof bowl; cool slightly, about 15 minutes.


    In blender, place half of the mixture. Cover; blend until pureed. Return to saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Heat over medium heat until hot. Remove heat. Stir in cream and remaining 1 tablespoon basil.


    Nutrition Information:
    1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 8g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40 mg; Sodium 520 mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one is my personal favorite. But remember just because they are delicious and low in fat... don't eat all of them. limit yourself. :)

    Recipe from "Tasty Fat Loss & Muscle Gaining Recipes":

    Chocolate-Banana Protein Bars
    8 Bars

    Ingredients
    2 large, ripe bananas (about 300 g)
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    3 large raw egg whites
    4 oz. nonfat milk
    2 1/2 c. (200 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 c. Splenda
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    60 g chocolate Designer Whey (or equivalent brand/flavor)


    Directions
    Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into non-stick cake pan. Bake
    at 300o F for 25 minutes or until firm. Let cool slightly before cutting.
    We have made these into 8 small bars, but you could easily make into
    4 larger ones, with double the protein (e.g., 23 g protein per bar).
    If you don’t want the fat replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce.
    It will taste just as good and still retain the moist but firm texture.


    Nutritional Information
    Calories (Per bar): 190
    Protein (g): 11
    Carbohydrates (g): 28
    Fat (g): 4.6
    Carb - Protein - Fat % Ratio: 57% - 22% - 21%

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really proud of you both! Emtional eating is something I struggle with as well, and I have thought about WHY I do it, and I just can't figure it out. I've been an "EE" since I was a child, I think, and I have no idea what could have started that habit. So how do you go about figuring it out?

    ReplyDelete